Explore opportunities to take your career to the next level. Whether you are a student, a graduate or an experienced professional. Discover the impact you could make with Shell Careers. Royal Dutch Shell was formed in 1907, although our history dates back to the early 19th century.
Our headquarters are in The Hague, the Netherlands, and our Chief Executive Officer is Ben van Beurden. The parent company of the Shell group is Royal Dutch Shell plc, which is incorporated in England and Wales. Our strategy seeks to reinforce our position as a leader in the oil and gas industry while helping to meet global energy demand in a responsible way. Safety and environmental and social responsibility are at the heart of our activities.
If you are a professional with over three years’ experience discover how you can make an impact with Shell. Explore career opportunities below. Our strategy seeks to reinforce our position as a leader in the oil and gas industry while helping to meet global energy demand in a responsible way. Safety and environmental and social responsibility are at the heart of our activities.
What we need from you
- We’re keen to hear from passionate professionals who have strong problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
- You must have excellent communication and presentation skills to effectively translate business insights to our stakeholders.
- You’re someone who is innovative and thinks out-of-the-box to be able to quickly link technical solutions with business strategy.
MIN REQUIRED EXPERIENCE:
Ideally, you should have as many of the following as possible on your CV:
- Bachelor’s degree in any of IT, Engineering, Computer Science, or related field, minimum 2nd class lower
- 3-7 years of corporate IT experience
- Agile project delivery experience
- Professional certifications related to business analysis, project or programme management, systems and software engineering
- Understanding of systems engineering concepts and data/process analysis and modelling
- Ability to document requirements and specifications
- Experience in development platforms such as HTML5 – Microsoft .Net, Microsoft .Net (Services and Windows), Linux, Java, Mobile Development (IOS), Mobile Development (Android), HTML5 – SAP Application Development, Service – SAP Application Development, COTS (Commercial Off the Shelf Software)
- Ability to develop software in Java, Ruby on Rails, C++ , Python or other programming languages
- Excellent knowledge of relational databases, SQL and ORM technologies (JPA2, Hibernate)
- Experience developing web applications using at least one popular web framework (JSF, Wicket, GWT, Spring MVC)
- Proficiency in software engineering tools
- Knowledge of Oracle Database 11g/12c or the latest version, Microsoft SQL Server 2014/2016 or the latest version, and awareness of HANA Database, Sybase database, SAP Solution Manager, Linux/Windows/Scripting, and ITIL.