Why Jobs in Canada?
Jobs in Canada is an exciting opportunity but also a great challenge.
Canada is a North American country stretching from the U.S. in the south to the Arctic Circle in the north. Major cities include massive Toronto, west coast film center Vancouver, French-speaking Montréal and Québec City, and capital city Ottawa.
Canada is an exciting opportunity but also a great challenge. Find what to expect in your first few weeks of coming to Canada and learn how to:
- get around your new city,
- work and go to school and
- connect with your community.
When you work at the CRA, you touch the lives of nearly every Canadian. As a public service employer that is made up of over 40,000 professionals in fields ranging from audit to information technology to accounting to finance, the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) offers an exciting array of full- and part-time career opportunities.
Equipment and Machinery Experience
- Slicing machine
- Sausage machine
- Power grinder
- Manual cutting utensil
- Band saw
- Wrap and package prepared meats
- Weigh meats for sale
- Sell meats to customers
- Clean meats to prepare for processing or cutting
- Supervise other butchers, meat cutters and fishmongers
- Supermarket and meat department
- Slice cooked meats
- Shape, lace and tie roasts, other meats, poultry and seafood
- Remove bones from meat
- Prepare special displays of meats, poultry and fish products
- Prepare special orders
- Make special sausages
- Grind meats
- Cut poultry into parts
- Cut, trim and prepare standard cuts of meat
- Cut carcasses, sides and quarters
Work Site Environment
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Fast-paced environment
- Work under pressure
- Physically demanding
- Attention to detail
- Standing for extended periods
- Tight deadlines
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Team player
- Client focus
The Ideal Candidate:
Formal Education, Licenses and Certifications Required:
- Must have a College Diploma or equivalent experience. Post-Secondary education is considered an asset.
- Meet and maintain any applicable licensing or certification requirements.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Efficiency in oral and written communication
- Managing contract compliance
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Applications
- Superiour customer service orientation
- Coaching, mentoring, motivating
- Managing security staffing levels
- Basic understanding and comprehension of financial concepts
- Promotes Health & Safety in the workplace
- Provide regular updates internally and to clients on the progress of new strategies and security programs
Other related attributes that would enhance hiring considerations:
- Prior security-related supervisory management experience in a multi-location environment
- Experience supervising in a unionized workforce is an asset