Mercedes-Benz cars have been well-known in the automobile industry for decades. The name signifies quality, dependability, endurance, and performance to car buyers around the globe. Mercedes-Benz, a leader in the luxury car market, is still at the top of the charts in customer reviews and satisfaction.
Mercedes-Benz was founded by Gottlieb Daimler in Stuttgart, Germany as a part of the Daimler Motoren Gesellschaft (DMG).
Overview – Jobs at Mercedes-Benz Canada
- Headquarters – Stuttgart, Germany
- Size – 1001 to 5000 Employees
- Founded – 1965
- Type – Subsidiary or Business Segment
- Industry – Vehicle Dealers
- Sector – Retail
- Revenue – $10+ billion (USD)
- Competitors – Honda Canada, Ford Motor Co. of Canada,Toyota
What it means to be a fan
Everything starts with fans. Mercedes-Benz Canada is the number one luxury automotive company in Canada, four years in a row. We’re looking for someone who is enthusiastically devoted to Mercedes-Benz. You love our brand and have the drive to learn about the automotive industry. You’re impressed with the Mercedes-Benz legacy and can easily identify with what the star represents. And you’re eager to live Mercedes-Benz values and are ready to add to the story.
How your role will add to the story:
We are looking for Fuel Cell Engineer – Electrochemical Systems to help with development and maturation of hydrogen fuel cell stacks. You have the skills and drive to integrate both electrochemistry and PEM fuel cell engineering to form a unique discipline that will be critical to further commercializing fuel cell stacks and powertrains.
On A day in the life:
- Develop and implement models and analytical tools,extracting information from the vast array of developmental and field and test data, manufacturing data and external sources,and using your technical knowledge and skills to create engineering models and transfer functions, addressing the highest value functions of the fuel cell
- Use your skills and knowledge to troubleshoot and debug stack issues, and implement any lessons learned into improved engineering tools
- Apply engineering tools and models to develop concepts and mature stack and component designs, including linking your models, tools and knowledge to the existing portfolio of design tools and models
- Interact with existing component and manufacturing engineering teams and work seamlessly with the existing system engineering team with the goal of continuous improvement of the product. Your role will be primarily through by continually refining the design through management and definition of the requirements and specification, including analysis and integration of validation and test results into the design documents
On some days, you will:
- Contribute to the product validation activities including development of validation plans, management of the test planning and test operation and data management/mining
- Support stack interface development (operating interface).
- Provide electrochemical and systems engineering expertise to component engineering teams, both locally and at Daimler Germany
- Contribute to product and component FMEA analysis and mitigations
- Conduct 8D/Troubleshooting activities
- Participate in design for manufacturing and process optimization activities
Mercedes-Benz Fan skills, requirements & traits
- 5 to 10 years of combined experience in the fields of electrochemistry relevant to PEM fuel cells and system engineering
- Proven experience in fuel cell testing, MEA design or automotive component design, and six sigma would be beneficial
- Proven ability to be adaptable and work on various type of engineering projects concurrently
- Excellent written, oral and presentation skills
- Strong team player
This position is located at Mercedes Benz Fuel Cell in Burnaby, B.C., reporting to the Mercedes Benz Senior Technical Advisor – Fuel Cell.