Store Keeper Jobs In Canada Description
Receive, Unpack, And Track Merchandise. Stock Clerks Move Products From A Warehouse To Shelves In Stores. They Keep A Record Of All Items That Enter Or Leave The Stockroom And Inspect For Damaged Goods. These Clerks Also Use Hand-held Scanners To Keep Track Of Merchandise. Order Fillers Retrieve Customer Orders And Ready Them To Be Shipped.
Provides direction, guidance and assistance to other warehouse employees in carrying out the efficient and effective operation of the Warehouse.
– Maintains an inventory control system for the Warehouse to ensure goods received, stored and shipped from the Warehouse are properly recorded and accounted for.
– Requisitions supplies, materials and equipment to ensure adequate inventory levels are maintained to meet the needs of the District.
– Ensures warehouse inventory is organized and stored in an orderly, accessible and safe manner.
– Assigns, monitors, coordinates and participates in the shipping and receiving work of Storekeepers.
– Trains and advises warehouse employees in materials handling procedures and in the operation of equipment used.
– Ensures compliance with District and Government health and safety procedures and regulations that relate to the work performed to minimize potential for accidents, injuries or hazards in the Warehouse.
– Contacts suppliers regarding shortages and condition of materials and equipment received.
– Arranges for repairs of a variety of tools and equipment.
– Performs other job related duties of comparable importance, difficulty and responsibility as necessary.
Grade 12 supplemented by courses in Operations Management from a recognized institution program or equivalent warehousing or materials handling training plus two (2) years experience in a warehouse capacity or an equivalent combination of education a
Diploma in Materials
Management or Diploma in
Electrical) or equivalent
qualifications in the case of Exservicemen.Experience: Four years experience in
storekeeping in a Shipyard / Heavy
Engineering Company /Public Sector
Preference will be given to those
having exposure in materials
management / ERP packages.
- Education: High School or Secondary or Diploma any
- Experience: 1 Years Less Than
- Salary: 12$ to 30$ Per Hour
- Valid Passport
- No Criminal Records
- No Specific Skill or Knowledge