If you are a former federal employee, you may be eligible for reinstatement, which allows you to apply for federal jobs without competing with the public.
Find student job opportunities to work for the government through internships and entry level positions.
If you’ve served in the military and want to find a federal government Job, FedsHireVets.gov provides information on veterans’ preference, special hiring authorities, and other tips for vets and transitioning service members seeking federal civilian jobs.
This position is in the Environmental Management Department at VA Maryland Health Care System. The Veterans Affairs (VA) Maryland Health Care System is a dynamic and progressive health care organization dedicated to providing quality, compassionate and accessible care and service to Maryland’s veterans. This position has openings at Loch Raven VA Medical Center location.
- Maintain floors, walls, ceiling, doors, baseboards and stairwells by sweeping, dust mopping, damp mopping, scrubbing, stripping, refinishing, polishing and vacuuming
- Empty trash cans and waste baskets; replace liner and carrying refuse and trash to central locations
- Utilize cleaning chemicals according to ratio direction and adhering to safety precautions
- Move and arrange furniture, vacuum and shampoo carpets
- Discharge cleaning of patient beds, change bed linen and towels,
- Receive clean linen, delivering same as directed
- Collect soiled linen for transport from facility
- Maintaining acceptable sanitation standards in assigned area(s) in accordance with medical center policy
- Report any safety or fire hazards to immediate supervisor
- Perform assigned duties without causing avoidable interference to patient care
- Maintain good public relations by being courteous, tactful, and diplomatic in all contact with patients, visitors, and staff
NOTE: Some computer experience is preferred; however, it not a requirement for the position as a Housekeeping Aid.
Promotion Potential: The selectee may be promoted to the full performance level without further competition when all regulatory, qualification, and performance requirements are met. Selection at a lower grade level does not guarantee promotion to the full performance level.
Work Schedule: The applicant is scheduled for varying of rotation shifts to include weekends.
Position Description Title/PD#: Housekeeping Aid / 16051A
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not authorized
Job family (Series)
3566 Custodial Working
Conditions of Employment
- You must be a U.S. Citizen to apply for this job
- Designated and/or random drug testing may be required
- Selective Service Registration is required for males born after 12/31/1959
- You may be required to serve a probationary period
- Subject to a background/security investigation
- Pre-employment physical required
- Selected applicants will be required to complete an online onboarding process
- MUST BE A 5-POINT OR MORE PREFERENCE ELIGIBLE VETERAN
- Most recent SF-50/Member 4 copy DD-214 and/or Civil Service Preference letter
QualificationsTo qualify for this position, applicants must meet all requirements by the closing date of this announcement, 11/19/2019.
EXPERIENCE: A specific length of training and experience is not required, but you must show evidence of training or experience of sufficient scope and quality of your ability to do the work of this position. Evidence which demonstrates you possess the knowledge, skills, and ability to perform the duties of this position must be supported by detailed descriptions of such on your resume. Applicants will be rated in accordance with the OPM Federal Wage System Qualification Standards.