We’re thrilled to announce another exciting opportunity to join our team at Sweets from the Earth! As an esteemed presence on Canada’s list of rapidly expanding companies for an impressive seven consecutive years, we’re currently on the lookout for dedicated Packagers to become valued members of our dynamic Production Team.
Nestled conveniently at the intersection of Steeles W. and Keele, Sweets from the Earth is not just a bakery; it’s a commitment to crafting baked goods that epitomize vegan, nut-free, and non-genetically modified excellence. As we continue to stand strong as one of Canada’s flourishing medium-sized enterprises, we’re in pursuit of individuals brimming with talent and adaptability, ready to embark on a journey of co-evolution with our company.
At our core, Sweets from the Earth prides itself on being a champion of plant-based manufacturing, deeply devoted to procuring organic and non-GMO ingredients. By opting for this sustainable approach, we’ve significantly lessened our ecological footprint compared to conventional food manufacturers. Our unwavering dedication revolves around not only delighting customers with specific dietary requirements and allergies but also championing the cause of sustainable agriculture and fostering the growth of the green food industry.
For those who are passionate about making a difference through their work and contributing to a venture that values both innovation and integrity, Sweets from the Earth is the perfect fit. If you’re excited to take part in shaping the future of conscientious consumption while honing your skills alongside like-minded individuals, we invite you to explore this extraordinary opportunity further.
Responsibilities and Duties of the Job
- Adhering to the regulations outlined in Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP), ensure thorough sanitation procedures are meticulously carried out before initiating each packaging process.
- Maintain vigilant and continuous monitoring of all items as they traverse the packaging lines, identifying any potential defects, anomalies related to flow wrapper pushers, or foreign substances. This vigilance is crucial to ensure that the final product aligns with the established quality benchmarks.
- Promptly identify and isolate any item that falls short of the pre-defined quality standards or could potentially jeopardize food safety if consumed. Immediate communication of such instances to the supervisor or the quality assurance department is imperative.
- Validate the accurate and appropriate wrapping of products, including verifying the integrity of seals and the precision of lot coding.
- Execute ongoing inspections of items during their production to ascertain their adherence to the stipulated quality criteria.
- To maintain the integrity of the final product’s weight, conduct regular weight checks at thirty-minute intervals, meticulously documenting the outcomes of these assessments.
- Ensure meticulous counting, precise boxing, and accurate labeling of products.
- Comprehensively document all packaging activities, including a record of the total count of finalized items in the Finished Product Packaging Record.
- Thoroughly subject all packaged items to a metal detector, meticulously recording the outcomes on the designated Metal Detector sheet.
- Efficiently accomplish tasks to consistently meet daily schedules and achievement targets.
- Remain stationed at the designated packaging line and refrain from leaving the workstation during active duty.
- Demonstrate strict adherence to and consideration of the guidance provided by the packaging supervisor.
- Fulfill any additional responsibilities as delegated.
Qualifications for the Job
- Possessing a minimum of one year of hands-on experience within a food manufacturing environment is deemed as a beneficial asset.
- Exhibiting exceptional skills in interpersonal communication, articulate self-expression, and adept time management.
- Familiarity with HACCP, GMPs, and proficiency in an Allergen Control Program is advantageous.
Work & Sensory Environment
- The use of laboratory coats, hair nets, gloves, plastic sleeves, and safety shoes is mandatory.
- Capability to lift items weighing up to 25 lbs is essential.
- A continuous standing posture throughout the entire shift is obligatory.
- Consistently keeping up with the pace of the packaging line is a requirement.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $16.00 per hour
Work Location: In person
Supplemental pay types:
- Overtime pay
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Before starting work, it is necessary for individuals to either have a reliable commute to Toronto, ON M3J 2N7 or consider the option of relocating.
Benefits of the Job
- Informal attire
- Oral health coverage
- Comprehensive medical benefits
- Life coverage
- Parking available on-site
- Discount for in-store purchases
- Visual health benefits
Schedules for the Job
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- warehouse: 1 year (preferred)
- food production: 1 year (preferred)
How to Apply
- Make beautiful CV/ Resume
- Need passport
- Age 18-45